Monday 2 January 2012

On The Inside

Drip…

drip…

drip…

The echoing sound that filled the black room

I had no recollection of where I was, or how I had got there

The ground I lay on feels like saliva

Suddenly a loud ROAR shocks my ears like thunder

The darkness seemed to have life to it

I can feel the ground I lay rise and fall, like inhalation and exhalation

Drip…

drip…

drip…

I could feel a

                    slimy,

                             watery

                                        like substance dripping from above

A horrendous smell filled my sinuses, the smell of decay

Suddenly the ground began to shake like an earthquake

Fear began to settle in and doubt filled my mind

My body felt numb as if I was experiencing hypothermia

             Hypothermia was impossible

As the environment I was in felt humid and hot

A bitter taste of salty air filled my mouth like an ocean breeze

It loomed in front of me…

Almost like a light in a tunnel, an opening of brightness appeared in the distance

The light was  framed  with a razor sharp border, filled by a pink base

It was like the inside of an animal

And it then dawned on me where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment