Thursday 2 May 2013

Silent reading book review

The novel “Go ask Alice”, an anonymous novel of a young girls life seems very unrealistic in my opinion. The way Alice is slipped LSD unknowingly at a party and suddenly forms a roaring addiction does not seem real. She not only craves LSD in the book but also other drugs she is not familiar with. Alice expresses in her diary of how she craves other drugs such as marijuana. I personally would not recommend this book to anyone because I do not see the benefit of reading it when I feel there is no truth behind the story. Though the novel is based on actuality it still seems unrealistic in my point of view. I truly believe the novel was intentionally written to frighten young teen out of getting involved in drugs. This book can often be encouraged by adults for that same reason, in hopes of scaring the option of drugs out of young people. The way I was raised was to feel free to try anything that might interest you in a safe environment. Alice tried LSD unknowingly in a safe environment. Most teens would be terrified in the moment of not being aware of the affects your body is going through and not be willing to experience it again, rather than crave more. I strongly disagree with the message this book is sending out and would not recommend it to anyone with the same mind set as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment